Lawyers Marbella

Documents to work in Spain

Whether you already reside in Spain or want to do so in the future, there are a series of procedures you must do to work here.
First of all you should know that only foreigners who are from outside the European Union need a visa, because foreigners who come from the EU (EU) do not need this requirement. In case you belong to the first group, you must obtain one of these two visas:

  • The work visa for your own account, if you are going to direct your own business or company. These workers are known as self-employed workers.
  • The work visa for another person, if you are going to work for another person.

In addition to this, you must also have your passport in order. And remember that it is necessary to have no criminal record, since in that case it will not be possible for them to grant you a visa.

Foreigner Identification Number

As indicated in the Regulation of the Organic Law 4/2000, on rights and freedoms of foreigners in Spain and their social integration: 'foreigners who for their economic, professional or social interests are related to Spain will be endowed, for the purposes of identification, of a personal, unique and exclusive number, of a sequential nature.'
This means that you must obtain the Foreigner Identification Number (NIE), which is normally requested in the Police, or in the Consular Offices that Spain has abroad. You will also have to register with Social Security.

Immigration lawyer

work in Spain it is necessary to make several procedures, we recommend that you consult with a specialized lawyer to help you. In addition, we can also help you with other issues, such as asking for family reunification. In our office Marbella we help all foreigners to answer their questions and do the necessary procedures to live or work in Spain.