Lawyers Marbella

Letter of invitation. English lawyer in Spain

One of the ways to come to Spain is through a letter of invitation. If you want to learn more about this topic, we invite you to continue reading.

How to come to Spain

First of all we must bear in mind that there are two different situations:

  • The one of the communitarian citizens (that is to say, that belong to a country of the EU). These people are subject to their own legal regime, and do not need a visa to travel to Spain.
  • That of non-EU foreigners (from outside the EU). In these cases, since EU law does not apply to them, a visa is necessary as a general rule.

If you are going to travel to Spain, you have the option of accrediting either that you will be staying in a hotel or that you will do so in a private home. In the latter case, it is where an invitation letter is needed. It is, in short, to demonstrate that we have been invited to Spain and that we have a place to live while our stay lasts. This letter can be given by a family member, friend, partner ... that is, someone who is related to you.
If you are going to come to Spain with an invitation letter, or if you are the host that will lodge the foreign visitor, we recommend that you contact us to help you. It is not a difficult process, but it is advisable to have professional help in case of doubts or some kind of administrative problem.

Stay in Spain

The Invitation Letter is valid for a maximum of 90 days. If this amount is exceeded, it is considered that the foreigner is in a situation of residence in Spain, and must request a visa.

For more details, just contact our team of english lawyers. Our Firm in Marbella will receive your request and will assist you as soon as possible.