Lawyers Marbella

Non-EU foreigners-English lawyers

In the case of foreigners, we must know that there are two situations: that of community foreigners and that of non-EU citizens. If you want to know what your situation is and be informed, we recommend that you continue reading.

Community foreigners

Are those that belong to one of the countries of the European Union, namely: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia , Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, Romania and Sweden.
As the European Union has its own legal system, these people are subject to its rules. That is why non-EU foreigners do not need a visa to work in EU countries, because that is how it is legally established. These people can use the European Health Card, which entitles them to receive medical assistance when they are visiting an EU country.

Non-EU foreigners

The rest of the countries that do not belong to the EU, are considered third countries and their citizens are called non-EU foreigners. In this case, since the legal norms of the European Union do not apply to them, they will be governed by the Treaties between Spain and their country. These foreigners will need a work visa to work in Spain.

Do I have the right to healthcare?
Regardless of whether you are a community foreigner or not, you will be entitled to healthcare in Spain. In addition, with the latest reforms, this right also extends to immigrants in an irregular situation.

English lawyer in Spain

If you are thinking about coming to Spain or you are already living here, remember that a spanish lawyer can help you to do many procedures, such as requesting citizenship, requesting an arraigo, family regrouping, etc. We invite you to contact our Marbella Office for more information, and we will assist you as soon as possible.